ma vie en v.f.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

home, home on the range....

well folks, i've been home for over 24 hours....so far it's been quite tex-mex and daily show-filled...the plane ride went smoothly, except for the check in at charles de gaulle airport....it was the most thourough security screening i've ever had...the guy asked me all sorts of questions about my stay in france, where i taught....he asked to see all my work documents and then went and showed them to his supervisor....finally i get to the counter to check my bags and i'm 8 kilos over the weight limit....the lady makes me transfer stuff into my carry on, which took forever....finally after going and buying another suitcase (now i know why they sell suitcases in the airport) she passed my bag (it was still 2 kilos over the limit)...unfortunately in my hasty repack i accidentally checked two rolls of film...after the heavy duty xraying i'm sure they're toast.... :( the flight was ok, but the movies sucked...did i really want to watch national treasure and princess diaries? no....did i sit through them anyways? yes!!!! i was sure the customs officials were going to stop and search my bags (that would just be my luck, right?)...but i made it through with no problems and my plane actually got to dallas early!!!!

sory....i still haven't gotten around to posting pictures from sweden and the rest of the spain pictures...the computer here is super slow...i've decided not to post pictures of last friday night...they'd just be too incriminating...there are a few nice ones of the guys walking home shirtless from the club, though....

so a few notes on being home...
-keep looking in the wrong spot for the damn toilet flush handle....french one's are either a button on top or a nob you pull....
-i missed my mom's tortilla soup...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
-drove for the first time in 8 months....felt really weird....
-it's amazing how easy it is to fall back into routines...everything in my room was exactly how i left it....it's like life in denton has been on hold for the past 8 months...
-texas girls wear way too much makeup...they just look too over done...all the girls in the airport made me want to barf with their big 'dallas hair'...why can't everyone do the french dirty hair thing...it's soooo much easier, people....
-saw the rerun of the first episode of lost on tv tonight...looks pretty good....

ok this is turning into a really random and unfocused post...but i guess that's just a reflection of how i'm feeling right now...well i'm going to get back to trying to unpack all my crap...you know, i bought a lot of stuff in 8 months and i don't know where i'm going to put it....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...it's noelle...
i am so glad you are back in the Dallas area...it must be weird for you...I think I was depressed for three months after I came back from Paris...France is sooo much fun.
Give me a call...we should hang out and catch up...
Talk to you later.

Noelle

10:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home