ma vie en v.f.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Austin Assistants

So I just got back from Spiderhouse (damn i'm going to miss that place! It was absolutely packed tonight. It's by far my favorite place to go and people watch - sooooo many super cute indie boys....i digress...) where i met up with some fellow assistants from austin. Both of them are ging to be in the Académie de Rouen this fall, which is really close to Lille (in Normandy I believe). It was nice to chat with some other people about our anxieties about the adventure that awaits us. Unfortunately neither H. or S. have recieved their arrêtés yet, so my fingers are crossed for them!!!
I met a nice lady at aveda today (one of THREE trips i've made there this weekend...don't ask) who was from scotland. she gave me some great travel tips [1.) be sure to go to edinburgh and 2.) check out ryanair.com for CHEAP flights]. I love scottish accents, but thanks to mike myers I'll forever associate scotland with Fat Bastard.
Alas, this weekend has flown by without having gotten everything done...so i'm going to be a good little girl and try and write a letter to my lycée
A+, nat

2 Comments:

Blogger Murf said...

Natalie, I just wanted to say that I like your blog and I now have one as well so I could leave this comment for you. Skifi is a friend of mine as well so it is funny we both left comments individually. I am jealous of you receiving your arrete.

PS- You are really cute!

4:54 PM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

Hey Natalie, RyanAir is definately a great way to go. I used them twice (Barcelona and Stockholm). The only problem with them is that they don't actually fly into the big cities. From Lille, you'd have to go to Beauvais (between Amiens and Paris), or to Charlerois (east of Brussels). But you can get some great deals none the less. Be sure to book early (the earlier you book, the cheaper the flights), and that you don't change the date you want to fly (because this costs almost as much as a new ticket). There is a bus service set up to correspond with the incoming and outgoing flights at most of the airports where RyanAir flies.

3:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home