ma vie en v.f.

Saturday, June 26, 2004

someone please get me out of texas!!!!!!

living in austin, i've always been able make-believe i don't live in texas. austin is a very liberal, open minded city. however, the moment i step outside of austin...reality comes crashing in....


for the past year or so i've had an anti-war bumper sticker on my car. it says: "Attack Iraq? NO!" yesterday i left austin to drive home to denton for the weeked. about a half hour outside of austin a white corvette pulls up alongside me, the guy in the passenger seat was holding up a napkin w/ a message scribbled on it, it said: IRAQ SUCKS


well, i just happened to have some paper and a marker in my front seat (i'm a daycare teacher, so this isn't THAT unusual that i carry this stuff around with me). I write: KILLING FOR OIL SUCKS. i catch up with them and flash 'em my sign. a few minutes later, they retaliate with: TERRORIST LOVER :( (yes, they included the frownie face). ok, now i'm starting to get a little pissed off. I come back with: PEACE LOVER ≠ TERROIST LOVER. to this they reply: REMEMBER 9/11. at this point i just give up, obviously these guys are too ignorant to separate iraq and 9/11, i'm not going to waste anymore time on them. i keep driving and about five minutes later they pull up next to me, with one last sign:



SUPPORT U.S. TROOPS OR MOVE TO FRANCE



i couldn't stop laughing.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Vikkicar said...

Yes, it's a sad world we live in when some people think war is the answer. And many lives have been wasted coz of it. I just want world peace. [ala Miss Congeniality...] I pray everyday that one day, we'll have world peace. Godbless.

7:36 PM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

It's true that a lot of people are ignorant, but your story is quite funny. I almost wonder what they would've done if you had written "I'm moving to France in two months!".

4:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eit natalie, my name is miriam hernandez and i'm going to gondecourt also!! i'm the spanish assistant... i found you on th einternet, looking for the email of gondecourt, and it is good to know that i am not alone! hahaha...
please write to me, i couldnt find your email adress... mine is miriamhdz@yahoo.com
bye, Miriam =)

5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home