ma vie en v.f.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

four more years...sigh...

damn...how could this have happened...it looks like this nightmare will continue for four more years...quite honestly, i'm fearful for the future of the united states right now...it scares me to think what roads george w. will lead us down and what terrible predicaments he will get us into over the next four years...maybe he'll be impeached...fingers crossed...it sucks being so divided from the other citizens of my own country...as my dad said in an email today: "Today is an all to familiar feeling: a sort of vague uneasiness with being out of sync with 51% of the country" - which so accurately describes how i feel right now...i feel like i'm from a completely different country - no, a completely different planet from my fellow countrymen and women...it's depressing....

today was the first day back after the vacation...and it was quite frustrating...today all of my classes (except one) were absolutely dead...one of the other assistants said he did a lesson on french and american stereotypes and that it went over really well... i stole his idea, and it did go really well for the first class, but everyone after that didn't really get it...mostly they just sat there staring at me...and some were rude enough to flat out tell me that the cartoon i had chosen for discussion was "not interesting"...it was quite discouraging and not at all how i wanted to start back after the break...hopefuly my classes tomorrow won't give me as much trouble...

blah...sorry for the negative tone to this post, there's just too much to be pissy about right now...i promise, next time, i'll be my normal cheery self...

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

At least he can't run for office again next election.

1:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home