ma vie en v.f.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Natalie's New Ride

 Posted by Hello


So, i flew up to denton on saturday and picked up my new car! My dad found a great deal on a 2001 Corolla. No more bumming rides and taking the bus for natalie!! The flight was fine except for the frisking by airport security. It seems that everyone with a one-way ticket is patted down and their baggage is searched. They do it right in the open, in front of everyone going through security, so i guess it was good i didn't have anything embarassing in there.


Body cavity searches aside, I actually love flying. I guess I'm one of the few people that actually enjoy airports. Maybe it's the excitement of going somewhere new, the hope of a tall, dark and handsome seatmate (alas, no such luck this time) or the great news stands (i have a magazine fetish!). I guess it was just exciting to realize that the next time I board a plane I'll be winging my way to France!!! This past weekend was a dress rehersal for September! I really wish I had brought my new camera (I finally go a Nikon FM10), we flew through some of the most amazing clouds.


The Mountain Girl came back from Brazil on friday. We got to hang out at spider house briefly before my flight on saturday. Sounds like she had a blast and it got me even more excited about iving abroad.


I started physical therapy here in Austin on tuesday and it's actually working!!!! One of the parents I babysit for is a P.T. and she recommended the McKenzie Technique for my whiplash. Check it out, it's a pretty interesting method for dealing with back/neck pain. I just hope I continue to improve, I've got A LOT of luggage to haul to Lille. Maybe I'll meet some cute frenchman on the plane who can help me carry all my bags...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love flying too! You're not the only one. :)

Danielle

5:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home