ma vie en v.f.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Don't make me open an ol' fashioned can o' texas sized whoop-ass (as jacob would say)

Word...so after my majorly pessimistic post on thursday-for which i apologize profusely-things got even worse on friday. Quite honestly, i lost it with a class of secondes (sophomores)...after refusing to do my planned activity and giving me fake names so i couldn't take the role, i got really angry...while this probably wasn't the best way to go, i was so frustrated and tired i didn't care...but after a much needed break [yeah, after only two days back i needed a break!!!] this weekend i've decided to not let it get to me...this is only 12 hours of my week and i'm not going to let it affect my time here!!!

as for my weekend...i stayted in lille on friday with the mexican assistant and we went out to a latin bar, called Le Latina Cafe...great atmosphere, decent music and outrageously priced drinks [7€ for a mojito...you've got to be kidding!!!]...we met up with several other language assistants and some university students...all in all, a good time was had by all, and i finally got to spend a friday night outside of Gondecourt!!!!

it's hard to believe i've only been here for a month and a half...it feels like much longer than that. I've definately met a lot of people and made quite a few friends...but i'm kind of disappointed i haven't met more french people [aside from my collegues]. Since we don't have class on thursday [another holiday!!! god bless the french] I think we're going to try and get tickets to the Lille football game this wednesday. That's european football, not american football, mind you! Since it's my goal to find a french boyfriend with a car [to both improve my french and drive me around :)!!!] i figured the best place to find one is at a football game...that's a joke...no really, it is...
*********************************************
"The more we move ahead the more we're stuck in rewind.
Well I don't mind. I don't mind. How the hell could I mind?"
-Ocean Breathes Salty, Modest Mouse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home