ma vie en v.f.

Friday, November 19, 2004

late night thoughts...

thanks to a big storm that blew through last night, i was up really late...so, i was sitting in my little apartment anxiously flipping through my all-too-empty agenda...and i found all those blank days really unsettling. why is it i always feel so restless when i don't have anything to plan for? maybe it's because, being young, i'm so used to thinking and preparing for the futures...preparing for college, preparing for a "real job", preparing to come to france...i'm constantly thinking "what next?" has all this preparation kept me from appreciating the present? am i constantly preparing for something i can't enjoy? sorry to get all serious here...but i got on this train of thought last night and i couldn't get off....maybe that's what i'm supposed to elarn here. instead of improving my french, i'm here to imrove my outlook on things...to learn how to slow down and stop worrying about "what next"....je ne sais pas...
************************************************
"don't ever change you hungry little bashful hound"
-14th street rufus wainwright

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Ya, I know what you mean. I was lucky coming back from France in knowing that I had to finish my biology degree before I do anything else. So that ties me up for this year and next, but I don't have a clue what I'm going to do this summer, or when I graduate.
There are so many options...

3:45 AM

 
Blogger Ellen said...

hey natalie, i've been thinking about you recently and decided to see how you've been doing on the blog. anyway, it has been interesting since coming back from brazil and figuring out all the "what am i gonna do's" in the future. planning 6 months to a year in advance is what i've been doing for a long time now. and here i am, not sure about the future but looking at it well. i think you're coming into it and i feel that i'm coming into it too; the present... welcome darling. breathe in the air of today, make happen what you want to happen. an empty agenda is a world of opportunity........ beijos.

5:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home