ma vie en v.f.

Friday, November 12, 2004

the first pangs of homesickness

monday i had my first attack of homesickness...no, it wasn't for american food [even though i'd kill for a taco from changos right now], or my favorite coffee shop, or even for a bit of warm weather...no, it was for my sister...[awwww]...she sent me an email giving me shit for putting modest mouse lyrics on my blog [up until their last album i haven't been the biggest modest mouse fan]...and what can i say, i missed that obnoxious little brat :)...so "hello sis"- hope school is going well...

as i told my sister in my response...you'd think moving to another country would greatly change how you live your life...but it hasn't been the case...i still do all the same things i did at home [go out to bars with friends, visit my favorite coffee house, work, spend too much time on the internet]...only the cast and setting have changed...the plot is the same...which is comforting, yet disappointing at the same time...and that's not to say that i'm unhappy or regrettful...just suprised...

so anyways...it is friday here at lycee marguerite de flandre..tonight there is a little carnival in the place du gaulle...which is quite litterally, right outside my front door...they have autoskooter [bumper cars for us yanks] which i can't resist...i probably shouldn't after my accident this summer...but what the hell...you're only in france once, right?
******************************************
"my thoughts were so loud i couldn't hear my mouth..."
-world at large modest mouse


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home