ma vie en v.f.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

What a Great Weekend

This weekend has been crazy and fantastic.  My girls were back in town and we spent saturday night at Arkansas Bend.  It's right on Lake Travis so we spent most of the time swimming in the lake (which means we all left with tans, and some of us with sunburns).  I went down to Houston on Sunday night.  I stayed at The Dentist's new apartment and went and applied for my Visa.  I must admit I was expecting more of the Consulate.  Instead of some stately building, with french flags flying in front, I found a tiny office on the 6th floor of some bank building.  I was assuming I could just wait and get the visa while I was in town, but apparently it takes 10 days to process.  So they'll fedex it to me sometime next week.  Fingers crossed they don't lose my stuff.  It's nice to be one more step closer to leaving for France.  (Less than 2 months till take-off)
Moving prepartions continue without end.  I've almost finished painting the apt and i never realized how much cozier the paint made it seem.  The white is so stark and sterile.  Sorry to end here, there is so much to talk about, but right now the lure of my cozy bed is stronger...nighty night.  Enjoy some pictures in my absence!
Arkansas Bend...me and the crew Posted by Hello
 
 
I've been meaning to post this pic for a while. This mini-eiffel tower is in front of a french antique store here in austin. Every year the owner puts up this banner...Vive Lance!  Posted by Hello
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home