ma vie en v.f.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Saying goodbye to Austin

Today was my last day at work. I kept it together up until the last 10 minutes of work, then all the parents came to say good-bye and I got all weepy. It was hard to say goodbye to SLICC (St. Luke Infant Care Center) and it will be even harder to say goodbye to Austin tomorrow. Here's what I'll miss about Austin:

-Barton Springs
-The best Tex-Mex!!! (Chango's, Trudy's, Polvo's, Chuey's)
-The Alamo Drafthouse
-Driving around Austin with you windows down
-Spiderhouse/JP's Java
-Austin in the summer, when everyone is gone from UT
-Mt. Bonnell
-SLICC
-The Bats
-KVRX
-Korea Garden's incredible sushi lunch specials
-Hyde Park
-Bluebonnets in the spring
-"Keep Austin Weird"
-The incredible liberal, earth-concious, free-spirited vibe!!!
-The parties
-I luv video/vulcan/the movie store - how can I go back to Blockbuster now????
-Shopping on South Congress
-Being able to go anywhere in this big city and run into someone you know

Things I won't miss about Austin:

-TRAFFIC!!!!!! (Why is every road under construction at the same time?)
-Sorority girls talking on their cell phones while driving
-HUGE SUV's and Pick-ups that try to cram into "compact car only" parking spaces
-Being associated with George W. (Boo!!)
-Cedar Fever!
-Fighting to get books the first week of class at the Co-Op
-Frat boys on 6th street
-Outrageous rent prices

...well i know there are more things about austin that piss me off, but obviously the pros outway the cons. If you've never visited Austin before, pack your things and come on down...you won't be disappointed! It's been my home for the past 5 years and I'm sad to say goodbye. But hey, leaving Austin gets me one step closer to France.....so, Adios Austin!!!!!


2 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

another natalie (sans h) with french degree and a blog. found yours linked in a google search.

bon courage en france!

8:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha...beware. Before too long I'll be asking you for all of your A-town advice. With you and my brother both moving out in the same month, my Austin hookups are gone, dammit.

j-

10:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home